Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dating

Slickaphonic is over there on Match.com---`where the normals go to breed!'. It offers suggested matches, with reasoning such as, "You both like dogs!" or "He likes bowling, too!"

After all, in a world where everybody is entirely identical save for a few random features like occupation, liking dogs, or boob size, you might as well choose the most important person in your life based upon those characteristics.

Clearly, most of the match community is perfectly happy to look just_like_everybody_else. Select a random draw from the community and the odds are about 92% that you will see the following:

"I like to have fun"
"I am a laid-back individual."
"I enjoy traveling."
"I like to relax and hang out with my friends."
"I want someone who knows what they want."
"I am just as comfortable in a tie/heels as I am in tennis shoes."
"I have a good sense of humor" (note: sense of humor NEVER proven in a profile including those words.)
"I work hard and play hard."

It's as though one individual was cloned, with variations only in activities/pets enjoyed and astrological sign. So thanks, match. But it's gonna take more than a shared interest in bowling and dogs to get me out of the house and on a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment